Best Treatment for Varicose Veins – Long Island, NY
1 in every 4 adults has varicose veins. Although for some they are merely a cosmetic issue, they can cause persistent aching, burning and swelling sensations that interfere with day-to-day activities.
The Board Certified Vein & Aesthetic Experts at Star Veins & Aesthetics are highly experienced in accurately diagnosing and treating varicose veins. Request an appointment with us for an evaluation today!
FAQs on Varicose Veins
What is Vein Disease?
Varicose veins are enlarged, bulging, cord-like veins that often appear on the legs and feet. This occurs when blood in the veins leak in the wrong direction, causing blood to pool.
What Are The Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
Many people with varicose veins experience no pain, however, symptoms can arise or worsen as the day progresses.
Here are the signs and symptoms to look out for:
- Veins that are twisted, swollen, and lumpy
- Veins that are dark purple or blue
- Pain and aching in the legs
- Legs that feels tired and heavy (especially at night)
- Swelling, itching or burning
- Swollen ankles
- Skin discoloration
What Causes Varicose Veins?
- Family history of varicose veins
- Being age 50 or older
- Sun exposure
- Work that requires long periods of standing/sitting (nursing, teaching, etc.)
What Is The Treatment for Varicose Veins?
- Weight loss
- Elevating the legs
- Avoiding prolonged standing or sitting
- Compression stockings
- Avoid sitting cross-legged
Occasionally, a Board Certified Vein & Aesthetic Expert may need to treat varicose veins to address pain, discomfort or complications such as leg ulcers. At Star Veins & Aesthetics, we offer several vein treatment options for varicose veins using the latest, minimally-invasive technology, including: